Thursday, July 09, 2009

Hey, sorry for not blogging for so long!

June has been a crazy time for me. After joining the company for about 3 months, they announced a restructuring.

I couldn't believe my ears. Again?!

We've have to go through a process of evaluation with the bosses to determine that we have the necessary competencies to do the job.

News was announced on the 1 Jul, and I was one of the blessed ones who still have a position.

Thank you, God!

We can continue our property hunting again. We sort of found a place that we like near the city, and doing some homework now to avoid being ripped off by unscrupulous agents.



My iMac G5 is broken, and I finally got an appointment to go to the Genius Bar after work tomorrow.

The iMac wouldn't start, and I hope the hard disk has not crashed. All my precious photos are in it. I'm going to get a 1TB portable hard disk to back up everything once it is restored.

I dread the carrying such a big box up the bus tomorrow and walk all the way from Town Hall to office.



I'm looking at one of these MacBook Pro at the moment.

The 15" ones are quite decent. Might consider getting one in Singapore as it's cheaper and comes with a free iPod Touch if bought under the student scheme.

Can use my sister's name. Hehe.

The best time to upgrade is Sept when they launch the new Snow Leopard OS.

The 17" ones are way too overpriced and too big to carry around.



Been playing with Eliss's iPhone 3G S these past few weeks. I like the fact that the downloaded applications are really simple to use.

Singapore is going to get theirs tomorrow with Singtel.

One of my fave is the mortgage calculator, which is very handy when I number crunch.

I also use it to search for property, read news and watch videos.

The speed is pretty robust, and 32GB of memory is plenty.




Eliss got herself the last 2 book of the Harry Potter series from Kinokuniya yesterday and is buried into their life at Hogwarts.

I reckon it will be back to the days when she landed herself into the Twlight trilogy. The house will be very quiet next week.

No comments: