Monday, July 12, 2010

Time flies when you are having fun, doesn't it?

And it's certainly a lot of fun driving the brand new Volkswagen Golf GTI!



It's been a dream to own one since arriving here in Sydney in 2006. Due to the constraints then, the dream was finally fulfilled at the end of last month.

Delay is certainly not denial.



Prior of the acquisition, Eliss and I went to their Advanced Driver Training at Eastern Creek Raceway, conducted by Volkswagen.



All fully decked and ready to go!


I pushed the GTI to the limit, with the instructor beside coaching me how to tackle the corners.

Unlike driving on the PS3, it will be a disaster is the car went out of control. Thankfully the ESP made the car cling on the road no matter what I did.

It made me feel like a pro, even though I'm obviously not.

The experience was simply exhilarating. It really showed me what the car can do without a speed limit.




That's Eliss at the passenger seat in the brand new Golf R.

The professional driver showed us how to drive a car like this to its full potential. He was doing 190km/h on a straight road.

The experience cemented the idea that we definitely need to get the GTI.


As I do not need 2 cars at this stage, I'm selling off the Skyline after having it for 2 years.

Nowadays I just take the bus to work, and Eliss has been driving it for the past year and a bit.

This car drive beautifully and whoever that bought this will enjoy the car thoroughly.

Click on the picture for more detail.

No comments: