Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wow, I nearly choked clearing out the cobwebs from my blog. It's been a long time since it got updated. All the Twittering aka micro blogging has made me pretty lazy.

It's that time of the year to look back how far we've come and things to look forward to 2010.

I want to thank God for many things for 2009.




1) Great marriage with Eliss, who has always been by my side even when times were bad. I wouldn't be where I am today without her support for the past few years.



2) Blessing me with a job at Telstra. It was a long and difficult process, but it was the ending that counts. Great to work in the city office with a bunch of great people.



3) An opportunity to have my parents here in Australia. I've dreamt since uni days that I'll be able to hang out with them or have a meal with them in a restaurant here, and it finally happened after 8 years.



4) Being the cell leader to a group of uni students. Being able to learn and impart has been a great privilege.



5) Bought a unit at Kensington, a place we can call home after Feb 2010. That's the view from the balcony, by the way. This will mark the end of helping pay off some stranger's mortgage.



6) Adopted a little kitty, Emi into our household. We never really thought of having a pet, but somehow got into it. This might not really be parenthood, but it's a prelude to better things to come. She is just so adorable!



7) Great holiday back to Singapore to attend my sis's wedding and to revisit Tokyo. The 3 weeks break was just too short.

Moving forward, I've also set some goals to acheive by the end of 2010.



1) Do a postgraduate degree in UNSW. Will be a stone throw away from our new place.



2) Buy a new car. More specifically a Golf GTi Mk VI. Been a dream car since the test drive of the previous model.

3) Do more for the society. Mission, community work, whatever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i find this totally inspiring! keep going E!

geraff